Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Good Photo Doesn't Come Cheap... :)

There are many reasons why i cant maintain my rates from 2 years back... in order to be sustainable... price adjustment is inevitable... though it may not be easy...

There are many cost factors... like equipment... album... & even harddisk for storage... not mentioning the no. of hrs involve in editing (excluding the hrs in shooting)....

I have been thinking of getting more gears... a wider len... which could easily cost thousand of dollars... having more gears also meant i need a bigger camera bag... that would easily set me back a few hundred dollars... all for the sake of better images.... for me to fulfill my artistic vision... for my client... its all worthwhile... :)

So nexttime when you bargain with your photographer... perhaps you would like to think again... not that my photography are expensive... but good photography just doesn't come cheap... :)


n Yes... think i will be going shopping soon (early christmas for me)... :P

2 comments:

darrelltan said...

Ah here i drop by again to see how well your artisic direction is moving towards.

Bro, something wider is definitely a good addition to your current arsenal.

Your L lenses are very expensive but worth the money. I calculated your total gear costs in excess of $10k. And that is not including your laptop, software and storage. With that in, close to $20k maybe? Hey, buy insurance.

Anyway, I am waiting for a replacement for D700 then compare that against the 5Dmk2 and make a decision. Canon does have a wider range of professional lenses, but I am very used to Nikon's body. We'll see. Catch you soon.

Alvin Foo said...

Haha... Darrell.. thanks for doing the calculation for me.. :) it actually reminded me how much i hv spent... :P gosh... My nxt purchase is gonna cost me a bomb too... *sweat*

As for Canon VS Nikon... no comment from me.. :P u make the decision... juz let me know if you need anything... except for $$.. of cuz... :P