Monday, September 17, 2012

Neither Red nor Yellow- Lop Buri

I have just completed my shoot in Lop Buri and will be proceeding to the final phase of the project back in Bangkok. So far, things have not gone the way it should and it is just going to get much tougher from here on. Access were extremely restrictive in Lop Buri and my time with the subjects were limited. Due to the subject sensitivity, the 2nd story that I have intended to cover may not be sufficient or even related to this project. I may have been too ambitious and this has caused me to lose focus on my main objective. Nonetheless, the last few days spent in the monastery of Lop Buri has been an enriching experience. The teaching of Buddhism and knowledge shared by the forest monks were extremely enlightening.

Perhaps it is time to rest, recharge and reconsider my approach for the final stage of this project. Can't wait to see how it will turn out altogether.
The 2 hrs car journey to Lor Buri.
The sacred place of detoxification and enlightenment.
After dinner entertainment in Lor Buri. 
Thai style roti prata with milk sweetener for supper. Sinfully good!!
Rough edit in hotel room. A sneak peek for those who are curious with what I am doing in Thailand. 
The 2nd temple right at the top of a mountain. Didn't really make it all the way up though.
The journey back to Bangkok with a souvenir of mountain rock lava given by a kind monk.

No comments: