Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Super Duper Happy New Year!!!

It's the time of the year again... a time for me to do some self reflection... so bear with me.. :)
I started this blog on 23th Oct 2007 ...check out the work then... :P and here is the entry from last New Year Eve... i am sure glad that this blog is still up and running..
*phew* :P

An interesting fact about blog is that it could really document your progress... in details... exactly what i set to do when i first started... of cuz it is also a good platform to showcase your work... so if you are a budding wedding photographer... get yourself a blog!! and a facebook too!! :P

LRDP have definitely grown thru the years... more people got to know about us... i hv more opportunities to shoot wedding... definitely a good thing... n I am truly blessed with all the couples who have entrusted me with their wedding... i can never be any more grateful to them....

Ok.. I am not going to lie... it is not all smooth sailing... i do have my fair share of nasty clients as well... juz that i don't really blog about them... but i am sure glad that they are the minority... anyway... it was also thru them that i grew.... i guess in all service industry... there are certain expectation... but then again do you consider a wedding photographer a service provider, like estate/insurance agent, or an artist whom are proud of their work?? Something for me to ponder on... :)

There were difficult times too... times when i felt maybe my work aren't good enough....maybe this is not worth doing at all... I do made some money from wedding... but it seem that these money are also mostly spent on equipment... money are spent when equipment failed... hard disk crashed... and computer breakdown... i have not done my housekeeping yet... but i doubt the profit margin are high if any at all... *sweat*

So why am i still shooting??... simply... because i love what i'm able to do... i love the fact that i could preserve the very moment of a couple life and translate it into a beautiful piece of art... especially when couples and readers are appreciative of your work... it pushes me even further.. n yes.... there are so much more to be done... n this journey shall continue... :)

Looking at LRDP 2010 calender... it is definitely gonna be an exciting year ahead... :) i would like to take this opportunity to thank all LRDP couples, readers and potential clients... thank you so much for your continuous support.... :)

With one of my favourite 2009 wedding image...
LRDP wishes all a SUPER DUPER HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)


To : The "love of my life"... Thank You so much for always being there for me... u can never imagine how important it's to me!!... :) Happy 11th Anniversary!! ...(see i didn't forget or is it??) :P

No comments: