Saturday, February 4, 2012

Human Relationship-The Selected Images.

Last week assignment was about Human Relationship. We were given the task to capture a single image that expressed the emotion between 2 persons with the same lens and control restriction. I had a tough time getting contacts and finding a suitable subject for this assignment. So i thought, "why not start from the street, it shouldn't be that difficult looking for love on the street of London?!" Well, I am so wrong. It took me 3 days of endless walking looking for couples expressing their love in public. I had a few shots of couples holding hands and that is it, there is really nothing much going on.

After hours of walking in the freezing weather on the last day, I began to head back toward Waterloo station thinking i will have nothing for the upcoming critic session. Then out of the blue, a couple appeared right in front of me, oblivious to the rest of the world, their expression were priceless. Then, i knew i got the shot.

Compared to the rest of my group, i've done pretty badly this time round. I should have been more resourceful in the search for my subject rather than looking randomly on the street. After all, this is the kind of assignment set out to test our resourcefulness. Well, another good lesson learnt for me.


This week is on Portraiture.. Stay tune!! :)

(Photograph taken with Canon 5D)

No comments: