Thursday, January 26, 2012

Street Photography-The Selected Images.

Since we were told to shoot in raw, i just couldn't resist the temptation to post-process. After all, raw formats were made to be used as digital negative for post processing and I would really like to see how far i could push the editing boundaries in photojournalism. What used to be acceptable in wedding photography, may not exactly be suitable in my currently course work and i might have gone a little too far this time round. Also like the problem i had with the pervious assignment, my choices for the selected images weren't as good as i thought. I was told there are better images that i have totally overlooked. Shooting is tough, but selecting the most representative image is equally as difficult, i definitely have much to work on.

Through this street photography assignment, I've realized that i am such a goal oriented
photographer, it is tough for me to just wander around aimlessly, the "Cartier Bresson" moment is just not going to happen. Therefore, I have decided to have a little theme of my own. I've set to capture the little moment of human interaction that exist within a certain location, namely The Park, The Bus Stop and The Traffic Junction. The challenge then was to be able to blend into the crowd and not arouse any unwanted suspicion. It is all about getting the most candid and natural shot of people without them noticing. And i may have done it simply by staying in these location for so long that no one seem to be bothered with me anymore.

These are the selections for the critique session and pardon the "Spielberg" kind of editing... though that is exactly how i've perceived the images to be, i've pushed it a little too far... a good lesson learnt today... Cheers!! :)

The Park

The Bus Stop

And finally, The Traffic Junction

(Photographs taken with Canon 5D MK2)

No comments: